Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PEREZ RALLY, A CAMERA SHY HERNAN LaFONTAINE

I will eventually be posting the full video of the attendees at this afternoons rally held after Perez's latest arrest. But I wanted to post this video of former Superintendent of Schools and also former Council President Herna LaFontaine. After the "rally" I was in the function room panning the crowd to record who was actually in attendance. I noticed LaFontaine and former Hartford Courant Editor, now Hartford Board of Education $100,000 a year plus employee David Medina having a very close conversation. While filming that, a woman who others later told me was LaFontaine's wife, came over and with her hand tried to block the lens to prevent me from filming. When LaFontaine realized what was going on, he came over and attempted to grab the camera and break the monitor screen off. It makes you wonder what they have to hide, and does anyone in this administration understand the word transparency?

Note at 1:15, city employee Naomi McCoy as gate keeper to the inner sanctum of Perez's private office, peering through a crack in the door. Maybe her doorman skills helped earn her recent ESI bonus of $2679.82. Also at about 1:39, Perez lapdog Kelvin Roldan realized he was in the video and made a quick exit.

The video is a little rough, but let me know what you think. The LaFontaines said they would sue me if I put the video out, my number is here Hernan if you need to contact my attorney, just give me a call.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is it that City employees can attend such press conferences during working hours? Naomi signed in to work and left shortly thereafter allegedly in search of illegal dumping and abandoned cars; only to be seen serving as a "doorman". It will be curious to see what she puts on her timesheet.