This release is from HPD:
On the above date and time members of the Shooting Task Force were conducting surveillance in the area of 155 Edgewood Street in response to recent intelligence that individuals were arming themselves with illegal firearms in the area. STF members observed a party manipulating an object in his waistband, and when they approached to investigate, the individual fled north west through several back yards. STF members pursued the suspect and at one point the suspect drew a firearm from his waistband, pointed the weapon at a pursuing officer, and cocked the hammer on the weapon. The area was immediately flooded with additional STF members who ordered the suspect to the ground at gunpoint
DESCRIPTION OF UNKNOWN SUSPECTS / ARRESTED PARTY'S INFO. (If 18 years or older
The suspect, identified as Byron Williams D.O.B. 2/19/87, was taken into custody and the firearm, along
with narcotics (cocaine), were recovered from his person.
Williams was charged with the following violations:
1) Criminal Possession of a Firearm.
2) Carrying a Pistol without a permit.
3) Interfering with Police.
4) Reckless Endangerment in the First Degree.
5) Possession of Narcotics.
6) Possession within 1500 feet of a School.
1) Taurus PT940 .40 Caliber Pistol serial # SUK08454 containing nine .40 caliber ammunition rounds
2) One piece of knotted plastic containing a white powder substance (Cocaine)