Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2019

THANK YOU HPD PATROL

I often point out deficiencies with the Hartford Police, so I think it is also important to point out the good work they do .

Last night at  about 8:30PM I heard the car alarm go off on my car parked in my driveway. I immediately looked at my security cameras and saw a Hispanic male in dark clothing getting into my car. I went to my back door and yelled at him and he took off running.

I called the HPD Dispatch Center and was helped right away by a very professional dispatcher. This isn't always the case when calling the Dispatch Center and I was somewhat pleasantly surprised by the dispatcher gathering as much information as possible.

Within minutes , HPD Patrol Officer's were dispatched and Officer Patrick Even arrived and began gathering more information. I provided Officer Even with a picture of the male that I had printed out from my Security Camera.

I thought that would probably be about as far as it would go,

I was surprised when my phone rang a little after 10:00PM last night.and Officer Wesch from HPD asked if I would be willing to come identify a possible suspect in a "show-up". They had located a suspect, Edwin Rolon, of Hartford.

I positively identified him as the individual I saw in my car. Rolon was arrested on Larceny and Trespass charges and was held on a $5,000 bond.

It is believed that Rolon may also be responsible for other recent car breaks in the Asylum Hill area.

A great job by HPD and Officers Even and Wesch and Sergeant Morande.



Thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s a crying shame you can’t even park your car safely in the West End without worrying about it getting broken into. So glad I moved out of that dump of a city. Sorry about your car Mister Brookman.

KEVIN BROOKMAN said...

It can happen anywhere, quick response by HPD though

Anonymous said...

Sure it could happen anywhere but clearly the data shows it's far more likely in dumpy Hartford. I live outside of Hartford and never had anything happen to my car and don't need cameras pointing at my car. Isn't this your second car break Kevin?

Anonymous said...

Mr Brookman I highly respect the articles you investigate and write about. And it’s good that you. It’s good how you name the people that do good work. Such as Officer Even, Officer Wesch and Sgt. Morande. But you didn’t mention the Police dispatcher who started the chance to catch the suspect by getting a description of the suspect and making sure the call was given as soon as possible. I think that dispatcher needs to be recognized. But hey what do I know. Keep up the good work Mr Brookman.

KEVIN BROOKMAN said...

If I knew her name I would have mentioned her, I did say she was very professional in her job

Anonymous said...

Let us get back to Stroud.... I have been quiet on your blog but you should know that Stroud makes advances at all new female officers. If they succumb to her sexual advances they are in her good graces. If they don't they get crushed. Seriously, Kevin. It's unacceptable and she needs to be called out! New male officers are behind the 8 ball with her from the jump. She's worse then Rodney....

Anonymous said...

If you are a new cop reading this and stroud sexually harassed you, grow some courage and file a complaint. Otherwise she will just continue to treat people like pieces of garbage.

Anonymous said...

Why does it matter what the dispatchers name is? He did mention she was professional and he was not use to the friendly demeanor. Why do names have to be known? A simple thank you goes a long way and is usually sufficient.

Anonymous said...

PPO's who have had Stroud for training: Strempski, Sanzo, Rivera.... Open your mouths now about now she made you want to quit, called you names, displayed the worst side of our PD. It's up to you to make sure she never puts another female officer in the place you were once in. You'll be better officers for it... and let's all thank Morande for doing his job here and putting getting this monster up to internal affairs. Crisis avoided.

Anonymous said...

Stroud was recommended to go EAP and get counselling after shit early in her career but that was a joke. Look at her now. Her sexual advances are textbook. Was once in a room years ago where she didn't know we could hear around the corner bragging how she seduced someone at the academy. Turns out it was an old detective. 5:59 PM was right that Stroud makes advances on anything female and been doing it since she started on the job. Only this blog will post female harassment like that and Mertes. The trash rag Courant won't cover that kind of reverse situation just Baerga's fake rants. Still waiting for the truth to come out like everyone else around here.

Anonymous said...

Are the men any different? Hypocrites