Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE- POINTS FOR HPD


I spoke to someone over the weekend who had parked downtown, only to return to their car and find what appeared to be a parking ticket on the windshield. They were pleasently surprised when they went to read the ticket though. The bright "ticket" appeared to be the old style orange front tickets issued by the city before the switch to computerized tickets. After the ticket was removed and crumpled in the drivers clenched fist, they finally read the back. They were pleased to find that the "ticket" was actually a warning from the Hartford Police Department that they had left items in plain sight in their car. Items that are attractive to thieves breaking into cars downtown and across the city. The warnings are disguised as parking tickets so as not to tip off the would be thieves which vehicles to hit. And before someone jumps on me for giving away some top secret tip, I doubt I have more than a few car thieves reading my blog. Although I'm sure criminals do read my blog, from what I understand they are more of the white collar, political type.

It is good to see HPD being creative and proactive. Maybe someone responsible for this should get an "ESI" bonus

The front and back of the "warning" are below:

HPD Warning

No comments: