Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WHO IS PAYING FOR THE MAYOR'S ATTORNEY?

I mean the Mayor's defense attorney for his criminal arrests. We already know who is paying for John Rose, the man who thinks he is the "Mayor's Attorney". But I'll try to focus on real attorneys here, not John Rose.

The question keeps coming up as to whether the City of Hartford and its taxpayers are paying for an attorney to keep Eddie out of prison. I requested verification of this question through Sarah Barr, the Mayor's Media Mouthpiece, I mean spokesperson. She did not respond to me, rather I received an e-mail from Carl Nasto, Hartford's Deputy Corporation Counsel. The ambiguous e-mail really didn't answer any questions, other than we may be "obliged" to pay for Perez's attorney to avoid his pending reservation at the Graybar Hotel. I'll keep asking the question until I get a definite answer.

Here is the e-mail response from Nasto:

Request for Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Nasto, Carl R."
To: krbrookman@earthlink.net
Subject: Request for Information
Date: Sep 4, 2009 4:59 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin: In response to your request for information to Sarah Barr earlier today, I can provide the following. To date, no City of Hartford funds have been spent on the criminal defense of Mayor Perez. I cannot at this time anticipate whether funds will be spent for such defense. The City may be obliged under law to pay for the Mayor’s defense.



-Carl

No comments: