I spoke with WFSB's Dennis House at last nights Budget Hearing at Bulkeley High School.
He told me that he had done a posting on his blog and put a link to "We the People" on there. While looking at his blog, he had a posting directed to the taxpayers of Hartford and questions they should be asking regarding "economic development", or the lack thereof in Hartford.
Here are his suggested list of questions:
The City of Hartford is beginning budget hearings to talk about Mayor Perez’ proposed tax hike. Citizens aren’t happy about paying more taxes and there are some questions taxpayers should be asking city officials.
1. Why has the city lost so many taxpayers since 2005? ING, Mass Mutual, Met Life, WFSB, the Goodwin Hotel, T.J. Maxx, and the list goes on, and on.
2. Rather than raise taxes on an already burdened citizenry, why not attract new business to the city?
3. Why have dozens of companies opened stores and restaurants in the surrounding towns, but avoided Hartford?
4. What is the city doing to recruit new business to the city?
5. Why are there so many empty storefronts downtown?
6. What additional services will we get in exchange for paying higher taxes?
7. Does the administration feel responsible for the loss of thousands of jobs in the city, and the loss of millions in tax revenue?
To view Dennis's blog click below or he can be found at wfsb.com under "blogs"
Click here to go to wfsb.com and read "the Hartfordite"