Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A SEAN ARENA UPDATE - PRUDENTIAL REALTY PRESIDENT RESPONDS TO POSTCARD MAILING



It looks like this is another one from "the rules don't apply to me" category.

Last week I posted a copy of a Prudential Connecticut Realty postcard mailed by Hartford Democratic Town Chairman Sean Arena for political purposes. I posted the card in response to a State Elections Enforcement Complaint filed by Arena against Hartford Attorney Bruce Rubenstein.

You can read the full posting here.

In that posting I said that I had contacted Sean Arena for comment. He still has not responded.

I also contacted both the CEO and the President of Prudential Connecticut Realty for their response. Today, the President of Prudential Connecticut Realty, Candace Adams responded to me and answered a few questions regarding the postcard.

Ms. Adams stated that both herself and the management of Prudential Connecticut Realty were unaware of Arena's actions. She further stated that they have a strict written policy regarding the use of Prudential resources for political purposes and such activity is strictly forbidden. She also stated Arena has been put on notice for his activities and if it should happen again, he has been advised he will be terminated.

Since the first posting of the postcard, I have received calls that there were other postcards sent out on Prudential stationary and postage. If anyone has copies of those, please forward a copy to me if possible.

Here is the postcard for the Board of Education Election:

ARENA PRUDENTIAL POSTCARD

2 comments:

Ganoush said...

I've received these postcards often and even shown them to folks more in the know and folks just made me feel like I was crazy. Glad to know that Sean is indeed doing something wrong. It just goes to show you that no one cares about ethics in this town.

Anonymous said...

once an idiot always an idiot